Dear Director of Guidance and Guidance Counselors:
Thank you for submitting outstanding applicants over the years and welcome to those of you who are new to The New Jersey Scholars Program (NJSP). NJSP is an intensive academic program for 39 of the most intelligent, outgoing, and highly motivated students. The program requires students to claim residency as well as attend high school in New Jersey and complete their junior year in June of 2018. During the five-week summer residential program, the Scholars explore a specific topic from an inter-disciplinary perspective. The tuition free program takes place on the historic Lawrenceville School campus and is funded by private contributions — there is no fee to the student other than personal expenses.
The dates of the 2018 program are Sunday, June 24th through Friday, July 27th and the topic for study will be: Mind and Body: The Future of Being Human.
- No more than two applications submitted per school – no exceptions. Applications are not available online.
- Students are to complete all parts of the application including: 1) registration information, 2) summary of activities, 3) four short essays, 4) research paper sample, 5) two letters of recommendation and 6) official school transcript.
- Guidance must complete and sign “GUDIANCE FORM” to ensure that no more than two (2) students are applying, and that the students are in good standing.
- Applications must be postmarked no later than Wednesday January 10, 2018.
- Please note that NJSP does not acknowledge receipt of applications, thus applicants should consider using return receipt or other delivery services that provide a tracking number.
Every year NJSP receives close to 300 applications yet we know there are many high schools and counselors who still do not know about the program. Please spread the word by forwarding all contents of this application to all Directors of Guidance.
We will notify applicants about their application status by late February. Those selected as finalists, will visit The Lawrenceville School on either Friday, March 23rd or Saturday, March 24th. Each finalist will take part in a group interview with at least four other finalists, and complete a campus tour conducted by a past Scholar. We will notify all finalists of the Selection Committee’s decision by early April 2018. Throughout the process, we will inform guidance counselors concerning the status of their applicant(s).
Should you have any questions about the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Program Administrator, Cathy Morgan, at (609) 620-6106.